Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wednesday Wrap-Up on Thursday...

Outside my window... I see the rain. I thought about complaining once again about the stinkin' rain, but then I watched video of those deadly tornadoes down south in Alabama.  They have lost 178 people so far.
I'll take the rain.
I love the rain.

I am thinking... of the dad that lost his life while protecting his daughter from a falling tree in that storm. What a dad. I know we wouldn't think twice about protecting our kiddos from anything.

I am thankful... for my husband, his job, our home, our kids, not having to worry about where we are going to lay our head at night. So many out there are still struggling.

From the kitchen...I hear Maggie's footsteps. No doubt she is looking for a chocolate bunny to eat for breakfast.

I am wearing...my comfy pj bottoms, my shirt from yesterday & perfect black sweater cardigan. I wish I could wear it everyday!

I am creating...our plan for the next school year. Hope that I can work it so that we start our school year right after Memorial Day. Can't wait for the new school room!!!

I am going...to begin 31 Days to Clean on Sunday, for the entire month of May.  I really can't wait. I am hoping that it has as great of effect on me as it has had for others! Go here to download yours!

I am reading...The Parting by Beverly Lewis. I think I've mentioned before that I am a huge fan of Amish fiction. I also have another 11 books on hold from the library that are coming my way. I can't wait! Thank you Jesus, for those you have given the gift of writing. I do so enjoy it!

I am hoping...and praying that my sweet friend's mom is miraculously healed from the brain tumors that they found a week ago today. To say that she has been through so much would be an understatement. Please pray with me.

I am hearing...the sound of the garbage truck, a few coughs from upstairs, the fridge...wonder how long that will last :)

Around the house...I see sooooo much that needs to be picked up.  I just keep telling myself that as soon as we are done with school I'll have 3 weeks to take care of it all! I can certainly do it all in 3 weeks, right?!?

One of my favorite things...just laughing with my husband. So often, we are caught up in the day to day stuff that we forget to just have fun. I love when we just hang out, kid, & laugh like we used to do all of the time back in college.....before real responsibility & the wonder of having kiddos :)


Pictures I am sharing...are from Molly's birthday weekend. The first is from her birthday lunch with the girls...the two sisters along with their aunts, nana & me. The second is from after her gymnastics party on Saturday. Max wanted to play with the dolls as well :) And the final picture is of Molly & her "real" bible. She has been so excited about getting one ever since Max got his "real" one on his 6th birthday. She couldn't believe that hers had her name on it & Max's didn't. (They didn't offer embossing back then :) )

No comments: