Friday, April 6, 2012

...Good Friday

With the girls off with Papa & Nana today, Max and I were able to spend some time together. Some days I feel like the two of us haven't spent time alone together since he was 18 months old...right after that, Molly arrived.
First, we read the story of the first Easter.  Max was asking questions right along...trying to answer my questions before I even asked them.  We talked about Heaven and how one day God would take us all there.  Max wondered what Heaven would be like.
I told him that we would all be reunited in Heaven to spend eternity.
He said, "Oh, so you'll wait for daddy for 2 years and then he'll come?"
It took me a minute to figure out what in the world he was talking about.  Then I got it,
he knows that I'm two years older than daddy and figured that I would go first.  I told him that may be the case, but that people of all ages die.  I reminded him of Aunt Amanda.  That she was 30. His Great-Great Grandpa was 91 when he passed. And that even little babies die when they are teeny tiny.  His eyes got wide and he just kept nodding his head.

We spent the afternoon eating frostys, getting some groceries for our Easter celebration in a few days, looking for this one particular Lego.  What a blessed afternoon it was. To just hang out with our boy.  Tossing groceries at him from across the aisle for him to put in the the cart.

The three of us went to church tonight.
Max opened his bulletin and immediately pulled out the 3 song books that we use...the Hymnal, the "Songs" book and the little church songbook.  He looked through the bulletin, opened each book to where it needed to be and then he lined them up along the pew.  He then opened his Bible and immediately opened to Matthew...the first book from which Pastor was reading.  If it wasn't church I would have pulled out my camera and taken a picture of it. 
On our way home from church, we chatted about Romans 8:32.  Max started talking about another verse that he had underlined a while back.  Without his Bible to reference,  he told me it wasn't in chapter 8, but chapter 6 and he then told me the headline that was right next to the number 6 in the book of Romans...then he quoted the verse. 
Sure enough, I turned to Romans 6:23 and there he had underlined the verse. 

Blessed that our son loves the word of the Son.

No comments: